So precious - I love it! So I'm wondering about the mei tai - have you tried any other wraps or slings? I would like to try something like that with #2 since I'll need somewhere to put him/her when shopping, etc. How early can you use one?
I've done hotsling, baby bjorn, moby wrap, and now the mei tai :) The sling works well when they are really small IF they like being confined that much. Naomi did not. As soon as baby Parks supports her or his head well enough then you can use the sling to hold them on your hip, which I really like. The moby wrap is just a long piece of fabric that you wrap around, you can see it on you tube if you search. I like the mei tai best, and I think it would work well with a little one too... I don't know if that helps at all. The bjorn is like this just with some hardwear, not all fabric.
I have a moby wrap I am lending someone but I will get it back this summer if you wanted to try it I could for sure let you use the one I have. I can make you a mei tai :) Or I am sure you could make it yourself since you are better at sewing than I am! I know you used the sling, or at least had one at some point since I think Becca and I got one for you... I think.
I'm definitely NOT better at sewing than you...I'm so amazed at the things you're making. Yeah, Sophie wasn't wild about the confinement of the sling when she was little, but I did like using it on my hip and she liked that too when she was bigger. I have a bjorn but it doesn't have any back support so I was wondering if the mei tai is any easier on the back. It IS super cute :)
Sorry we missed you again today! I think our girls' nap times are opposite because Sophie's always napping when you call and I'm always somewhere in the house and can't hear the comp. Have a great trip!
So precious - I love it! So I'm wondering about the mei tai - have you tried any other wraps or slings? I would like to try something like that with #2 since I'll need somewhere to put him/her when shopping, etc. How early can you use one?
ReplyDeleteI've done hotsling, baby bjorn, moby wrap, and now the mei tai :) The sling works well when they are really small IF they like being confined that much. Naomi did not. As soon as baby Parks supports her or his head well enough then you can use the sling to hold them on your hip, which I really like. The moby wrap is just a long piece of fabric that you wrap around, you can see it on you tube if you search. I like the mei tai best, and I think it would work well with a little one too... I don't know if that helps at all. The bjorn is like this just with some hardwear, not all fabric.
ReplyDeleteI have a moby wrap I am lending someone but I will get it back this summer if you wanted to try it I could for sure let you use the one I have. I can make you a mei tai :) Or I am sure you could make it yourself since you are better at sewing than I am! I know you used the sling, or at least had one at some point since I think Becca and I got one for you... I think.
I hope that helps a little :)
I'm definitely NOT better at sewing than you...I'm so amazed at the things you're making. Yeah, Sophie wasn't wild about the confinement of the sling when she was little, but I did like using it on my hip and she liked that too when she was bigger. I have a bjorn but it doesn't have any back support so I was wondering if the mei tai is any easier on the back. It IS super cute :)
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed you again today! I think our girls' nap times are opposite because Sophie's always napping when you call and I'm always somewhere in the house and can't hear the comp. Have a great trip!