That has been my latest decision :) I am REALLY REALLY EXCITED about it. I ordered some fuzzibunz, which are my favorites of any kind of cloth diapers I have been able to try out, and I am going to start using them with #1 when they come. I got the "one size" kind so in theory #2 and #1 can wear the same diapers. We will see.
So for some reason I started thinking about wool diaper soakers, to put over the diaper to help contain any leaks that might occur, especially overnight. I found a free pattern and this is what I ended up with...
Not sure how it will fit/stay on since Pony is sleeping and I haven't actually gotten the diapers yet, supposedly they will come on the 17th and then I have to pre-wash them and all that to make them at their optimum absorbency. I have a couple more sweaters to try out, some are too small to make for a toddler so they will be for baby girl coming in December. I am not sure this is my favorite pattern so I am going to look around a little more.
The diapers themselves are pretty cute too, so this isn't something I plan on using all the time, just when I feel like it. And for free you can't really go wrong :)
I decided that I wasn't motivated to do cloth diapers before because I had a random assortment that were loaned to me and I wasn't a big fan of some of the styles. Also, now that I have spent the money myself on a set I really don't have an option other than using them and I am excited to be more environmentally friendly AND more kid friendly too without all the chemicals that are in disposables. I will let you know how it goes :)
I have a request for a couple of bigger owls for my nephews that I need to get done by Thanksgiving and for some reason have not been able to sit down and just do it. That is my goal for this weekend!



So I tried this on her with a cloth diaper and it doesn't fit at all... not sure what is going on there. I will need to find a better pattern for these if I am going to try again. Thankfully the diapers are AMAZING and this wool cover is slightly irrelevant! :)
ReplyDelete