Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lately...not really projects

So I know that moving from disposables to cloth diapers is in itself a big step for me.  But I am realizing that using the fuzzibunz is not really sacrificial :)  If I wanted to truly be old-school I would be using 100% cotton prefolds (you know the square piece of cloth that needed to be pinned in place and then covered with super plastic pants) or something like that.  Just like mom did with us when we were little.

Baby steps... I have to admit that if I took that big of a leap it would probably have been a very short lived decision.  As it is I am expanding to "natural" things in other areas. 

My latest exciting deal was a swap with another Etsy seller.  She traded me this wool crib cover and blanket for a Mei Tai carrier that I had made.  This is the picture off her shop page:

I love it!  It takes the place of a vinyl crib protector since wool is naturally water resistant and many other beneficial things.  Her shop is called povertyjane.  I also got cloth wipes from her and love them.  So that has been my latest fun thing to come in the mail :)

Here's my fish tank with its new occupants,
I also bought two new plants since one of the ones that traveled from Alabama didn't make it.  We got three mickey mouse platies, thankfully all three were still alive when I turned on the light this morning... hopefully they continue to do well so I can get a few more next week. 

And finally, not a project - but look how beautiful winter is so far...
Actual PROJECT update:
I bought new fabric to make some more owl security blankets like the one I made for Naomi.  I also need to make a couple more kiddie purses (like her orange one) that have been ordered.  I have a list of things to get to.  It just hasn't happened, I think the last thing I sewed was the pocket of my cross country sweatpants that was starting to get a hole in it :) 

Eventually these posts will get back to actual projects, haha.  Although I do love updating anyone who continues to come back and read these on my fish tank :)  That is a project in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment