It's been a busy week. On Monday someone came over to the house and picked out fabric for 5 diaper bags. They are all a bigger bag than I have been making lately and all have a Dick and Jane fabric as the top panel. It was easier to not have to coordinate things myself, but strange to be making bags that I didn't choose myself. If that makes any sense at all. So I worked on those for the following few days and here's how they turned out...
On Thursday my cousin texted me to ask if I wanted any vegetables from their garden. I really need to go back and take pictures, it is a wild crazy place. They live on a farm that is no longer really functioning as a farm but their soil is amazingly fertile for plants. Their tomatoes are out of control. It was amazing, I loved it. So I came home and made salsa. Which I am also thrilled about, I was hoarding my last little bit from last summer so it was great to replenish the supply. Thank you Nick and Andrew!!!
One of the books I got for my birthday is Wee Wonderfuls - 24 dolls to sew and love. I decided after all those purses that I needed to make something just for fun. It has been a big hit with my daughter. She roars at it, well, it roars at her when her daddy is playing with her so the end result has been a whole lot of roaring whenever the little guy comes into play!
I'm almost done now. I was given a serger by my mother-in-law and it isn't functioning exactly right but I have a feeling it just needs a tune up and then I get to start learning how to use it. I am pretty excited about the possibilities :)
And finally... today I finally listed a few things on Etsy. It can be found here: sunshinemoose. I set up the account before I ever thought about selling anything and the username can't be easily changed so it will stay as it is. The origin of the name is a semi-long story from high school so I will leave that be for now :)
I tried to limit myself to a few samples of items I have, but I still have a couple to list to cover the full spectrum of my stock right now. I love looking at items on there and I am so tempted to buy so many things, but I haven't had much luck selling things myself so I am curious to see how it goes.
That has been my week. It was pretty good. We also read lots of books and listen to music and run around. The projects are actually a very small portion of what our days are all about... but for the purpose of this blog that has been my week.





No comments:
Post a Comment