Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shower gifts

I had a sewing request this morning and it motivated me to make some things.  Nothing that I haven't done before, but I found a new fabric combination that I am a huge fan of.

I love these two together :)  If I still was using one often enough I would be tempted to make another for myself. 

I also made a "few" diaper caddies.  I need to start compiling projects for this summer, or just to have in case there is a baby shower I am attending :)  As I was sewing the recycle fabric I thought that it was ironic that the fabric says things like save our plant, save the rainforest, recycle and I was making something to hold disposable diapers :(  My consolation is that at least the caddy is reusable.
I was trying to decide which trees I like better on the inside.  I think I like the ones on the left.  Any second opinions out there?

My favorite thing that I have put together in the last week is this : 
It is a portrait drawn by Ash of his sister.  Flattering isn't it?

That is sky above her head and to the left of her is a snake.

It is originally a drawing on paper with marker.  Wanting to make sure it NEVER disappears I decided to stitch it into some muslin.  It turned out better than I could have hoped.  This one is for Sara, but I am considering making another one for my wall.  I just have get a self-stick mounting board and find the perfect frame :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment