I just realized that I don't actually have many projects up here yet, so the title is slightly misleading. I will try and remedy that.
An owl I made with scraps from shoes, and other things I have made, now sits on the dresser next to a cloth diaper basket. Not to be confused with a basket holding cloth diapers. I wish I was motivated enough to do the whole cloth diaper thing, I keep thinking that if we are blessed with another child and have two in diapers at the same time I might be financially motivated. There are no guarantees though.
There are a few projects sitting in various stages of completion right now, for friends who have friends who are having babies. But all I really want to make right now is something with this.
I went to Mill End fabrics and came home with the orange piece of decorator fabric, and last minute saw this remnant of upholstery weight fabric to go with it. I am so excited about using it. The flower fabric was something I had on the shelf and it just happens to be the right colors of orange and red to tie the two together. Pictures will be coming!
And finally - not something I made, but something that has been hanging in the office since my niece was sweet enough to pass it on to her cousin over Christmas...
It makes me happy just seeing it hanging here.



No comments:
Post a Comment