Saturday, January 30, 2010

a "little" Amy Butler

I've made a few things with the Amy Butler fabric I have... ok, my daughter's room is almost entirely decorated with her stuff.  My grandma made her crib bumper, one of my sisters made her twin and crib quilt, and my mom made the curtains.  I've added little things here and there.  Like this sleepy snail from Amy Butler's Little Stitches book.  It didn't turn out exactly like the picture, but I like it.  

I admit I have had a little bit of a problem in my acceptance of anything not Amy Butler.  But I am coming around. I have decided that too everything in moderation is a good way to go.  So I am branching out.  This purse is made out of a table cloth I found at the thrift store, incidentally it is also the fabric on the outside of the mei tai I made.

I love it.

The handle is wool.
From a wool coat Lydia found at the thrift store.
For a dollar.   

I now love going to the thrift store.

Christmas was a turning point.  I got two sewing book from Rebecca, I will talk about them more later.  Right now I have to go make supper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment