
There are a few more piles on my ironing board, courtesy of Aunt Debi :), and more in another closet that wouldn't fit in here. But these are my favorites. I love Amy Butler fabric, but am learning that I can like other designers as well.
This whole sewing thing kind of took off when my daughter was born, she just turned one. When she was born I realized that I would need a nursing cover. I asked my sister to make one for me but then thought that I should try to make one myself. I did and I've been trying things out ever since. A second breakthrough happened when Mom showed me how to make purses and I love how they come together for me now.
I had a Brother sewing machine and I broke it trying to sew through too much fabric, so now I have a nicer sewing machine that does some really fun basic things. It makes me happy when I discover something new that it can do. I have been making stuffed owls, and they are evolving each time I make a new one. My youngest sister and a couple of her friends have been the sole recipients so far.
I saw a picture of someone carrying their kid in a Mei Tai carrier and I decided to make one for me. It is wonderful. I took it completely apart once I realized that I wanted padding in the straps and then I remade it and now it is even better.
I don't like that this is very "I" centered but when I am writing about my projects it seems to be the natural order of things. Maybe it can be remedied as I figure this all out. A few people, my mom and at least one of her friends :), have thought I should post some of what I am making so people can see it. So that is what this is. We'll see how it goes...
I love it! So glad you're blogging this stuff - I need inspiration! And I'm so jealous of your sewing closet...I have fabric stuffed in random places and not well organized. Keep posting pics of the stuff you've made. Where do you get your fabric? Like the Amy Butler stuff? We have a store here, but it's a little pricey. I've found some shops on Etsy that sell it, but am looking for the best deal. Love you! Oh, and you should post more pics of Naomi's room.
ReplyDeleteThanks Catherine. Lots of the fabric my mom brought back from the Philippines but I also found a place up here that carries fabric for less. It is called Mill End Fabrics, I think they get some remnant pieces and there is never a guarantee what you will find. I love it and go as often as I can.
ReplyDeleteI will clean up Naomi's room and take some pictures to post for you :) I love you too!