I feel bad about not updating this in months... I have been sewing, I just thought maybe it wasn't worth mentioning. But I will now.
For the last couple of months I have been sewing specifically with a certain kind of fabric, even more to the point - a brand of fabric/diaper bags. I actually got a new sewing machine so I could do these alterations more efficiently, thankfully I can also pay for it because of the alterations so it is win-win :)
My other machine is computerized and this one is manual - each had their pros and cons. It is amazing how much better this works for what I am doing now!
Here are a couple before and after pictures.
I take a messenger style bag with a flap and turn it into a tote with a zipper on the top, as well as some other modifications too :)
And my newest one takes 4" off the top of this (plus move around zippered pockets):
So I end up with this:
I will try and be better about posting, and about sewing more than just alterations. I miss my other projects!!!
Our family draws names and make ornaments for each other every Christmas. I never finished Lydia's from last year so I just did the other day, in time to put it on this years Christmas tree:
We actually picked a tree that had a little spot perfect for hanging this bird in it! Perfection. This is the first time in 4 years that we got a tree that is actually straight and wasn't terribly hard to get to stand securely. AND there isn't any snow so going to cut it down was actually enjoyable for John who has claimed in the past that it is his least favorite thing to do each year!
In other news Phoebe has been walking for a week and a half now :)
I will definitely be back to post more (thanks Meg for encouraging me to start up again!).
Merry Christmas!!!!








Yay!! So excited to read you're latest posts :)
ReplyDelete